“Sometimes I am considered an ‘ambassador’ to the First Nations due to the lack of understanding and awareness between Canadians and, collectively, the Indigenous peoples from this land. Various organizations including art galleries, school divisions, health care organizations, First Nation/ Métis communities and cultural centers throughout Canada call on me to provide guidance and understanding as a cultural leader. As a frequent workshop facilitator and resident artist, and as a traditional knowledge keeper within my community, I provide the following information and presentations:
- Protocols in Accessing Indigenous Knowledge
- Nēhiyaw itāpisiniwin (Worldview according to the Cree)
- Treaty Six – Customary Law/Elders’ Oral Accounts
- Indigenous Medicine Talks – Laws of Nature, Understanding Mother Earth’s Offerings
- Traditional Music (Teaching and Performing Drum and Song Circles) Games, Hand Drum, and Song Circles
- Nēhiyaw pīkiskwēwin (Cree language)
- Anything loosely connected to being a Canadian Aboriginal/First Nation/Native/ nēhiyaw or being ‘Indian’ as recognized under Treaty Six (Indian Act).
Enhance your organization’s understanding of indigenous knowledge/traditions. Joseph is available to discuss your organization’s needs, make recommendations and can customize a workshop if necessary.